8.10.2008

I LOVE YOU MOM

Ok so I know its a little late(I was gonna do this on the 7th which is the 5th anniversary of my moms death) ...but in memory of my mom I am gonna write something that I wrote in my journal like a month ago while I was at work and had nothing to do all day. I wrote something about each member of my family but I am only gonna share what I wrote about my mom.

This is it...

--- My mom is the greatest example of a great mother. She was not perfect and not always patient or completely sane but she worked at it everyday. She loves each of us for different reasons and qualities (of course I am loved most) -BTW-Rex(funny guy I work with) and I were looking up the meanings of names on the internet, on this specific sight her name-Barbara-meant "strange" -I laughed and found it so perfect. I think that anyone that knew her well can totally relate... especially if they knew her when she was tired late into the night. When looking at my sisters and I this is where I see her in us the most. We are a riot late at night and usually we just seem really wierd and most people dont understand us or look at us funny, but it all makes sense to us. I think we all remember different things and alot the same of her but for me, the times I love to remember the most are those times when my mom was doing her little cackle thing and saying or doing something so off the wall and my dad would just look at her with that face and say "Barbara, I think you need to go to bed"


  • So it was just a little silly thing I did, but I have been thinking about her so much lately and so I wanted to do something in rememberance. I truly find it hard to believe that it has been five years sometimes it feels like its been way longer since I have seen her but sometimes the pain of losing her feels like its brand new.

I do have some things to be thankful for though...in spite of how much I miss her and how unfair I sometimes think it is. I have the greatest family EVER! We have such a bond that became so strong when we faced one of the hardest things we ever will TOGETHER! For me my dad was never really the one I went to talk to, he is a pretty quiet guy and I guess it could have just been the age I was at or maybe I really just had a hard time opening up to him...but after losing my mom, I realized how amazing my dad really was. NO one messes with my dad and makes it out with me on their side. I am the only one that is ever more right than my dad and that is just how it is. So I guess even though it has been hard lately without her... I know that I will see her again and I always have my amazing family to help me until that time.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

You are really sweat....I want to know what you wrote about me!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Hi!
Its Kerri! How are you? Love what you wrote. I feel the same way about my Mom. Thanks for writing that.
Ker

Brooke Carroll said...

Hey Ash, it's Brooke! I saw you on here and we have a blog too! Is it okay if I add you to my blog as a blogging buddy? By the way, those slimies were SO SO good, and Nate loved them, so thanks again for letting me use that recipe. I really appreciate it. Love ya!

TinaBean said...

Hey Ash,

I tried to comment on your blog like a month ago but it wouldn't let me. I'm glad you are getting them now. I loved reading this about your mom. I miss her and think about her a lot...I can't even imagine how much you guys do. But I am always amazed at how close you guys are and how positive you are about it. I miss her laugh/cackle. And believe me, my mom does off the wall things that makes my dad roll his eyes too and say go to bed :).

Keep in touch.
Your blog is way fun to read. You're too funny.

Tina

PS-I see Alicia commented...that's a good start...now ALICIA...GET A BLOG WOMAN!!

Kim said...

Ashlee Lou!
I love that you know have a blog too! I think you are an absolute riot!
I loved what you wrote about you mom. She truly was an amazing women! I think about her, your family and your amazing strenght often. I miss her and I loved hearing your memories.
I missed you at the reunion, but we always have the holidays, right?

Brooke Carroll said...

Hey Ash! Thanks for writing, we are so excited to see you next weekend too! Yay! Mersadie will have a lot of fun with you, she is really fun and has a cute little personality. You can steal her as much as you want. ;) So I hope you are doing great in Laramie and doing good in school. I miss Laramie sometimes...It's a pretty neat place. Boring, but neat. And one last thing...I was reading what you wrote about your mom and it made me cry like a baby while I was sitting here. I know Nate feels the same way about it being unfair and about the pain you all feel from missing her. I wish I could understand, but I do know that Heavenly Father loves your family so much and you will most definitely get to be with her again. I know she was a great wife and a great mom to you all. I just wanted you to know that I love ya and I feel lucky to have come into such a good family. Not to mention I have the best husband EVER! I love you guys and I feel support from you all, even if we can't always see each other. Love ya, you are so awesome!

Kenzee Jo said...

Hey Girlie...your post was touching. You are an amazing girl. :] Hope things are all well for you. --Kenzee Mullins